Neck Pain Chiropractor in Downtown Seattle
“Looking for Relief from Your Neck Pain in Seattle? “
Our Seattle Downtown Clinic have helped thousands of patients with neck pain ! Call us at (206) 326-1990 To Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Fix ing neck pain right here in Downtown Seattle.
You might be surprised to learn that up to 25% of all adults in this country suffer from neck pain. Neck pain affects people of all ages, from young children to the elderly. However, the most common age group that lives with regular neck pain is between the working ages of 25-65. This is undoubtedly due to the increased amount of work being done on computers, especially when workstation ergonomics are inappropriate. Prolonged hours of time sitting at a computer workstation with improper posture can result in changes in the normal alignment of the spine. This misalignment leads to increased pressure on the joints and eventually pain.
There’s also a complex network of nerves connecting your spinal cord to your arms and hands. Misalignments in the bones of the neck can lead to irritation of those nerves (pinched nerve) and result in various symptoms including numbness and tingling in the hands and weakness in grip strength. So, if you’re experiencing even minor neck pain, it’s entirely possible that there’s a serious underlying problem that should be identified before it worsens.
If you are feeling any level of neck pain, you should contact your local downtown Seattle chiropractor that has experience helping people of all ages with neck pain… Sonic Chiro. Early detection and correction of the problem gives you the best chance to reduce or even eliminate the cause of your neck pain.
Typical symptoms of neck pain
Sometimes symptoms of neck pain are relatively mild, and at other times they’re more severe. Here are some of the most commonly occurring neck pain symptoms which people are troubled by:
- Stiffness and tightness in the neck
- Sharp pain when moving the neck and head
- Pain going into the upper back and shoulders
- Pain that radiates into shoulders, arms, or hands
- Pain at the base of the skull that causes headaches
- Numbness and tingling into the arms, hands or fingers
Causes of neck pain
There are a variety of things that cause or contribute to neck pain. Some of the most common causes include:
- Car crash injuries – whiplash can occur as a result of a car accident, when soft tissues are damaged and trigger either headaches or severe pains throughout the body
- Poor ergonomics – In today’s age of extended computer both at work and at home, ergonomics has become perhaps the leading cause of neck pain and headaches.
- Poor posture – this is one of the most common causes of neck pain, and it occurs generally as a result of having the head tilted forward for extended periods of time
- Sprains and/or strains – Some people injure their necks doing activities improperly or during activity such as sports
- Sleeping in the wrong position – it’s very easy to wake up with pain in your neck by sleeping in the wrong position for hours at a time
Repetitive motions – people commonly incur neck pain as a result of repetitive motions they perform at work. It’s also common to experience repetitive motions in sports activities like swimming or dancing. These repetitive activities and movements lead to overuse of muscles in the neck, which ultimately results in pain and discomfort.
Diagnosis and treatment of neck pain
At Sonic Chiro we work hard to find the underlying cause of your neck pain. It starts with a thorough history of the problem. Our doctors will talk with you about the details of the symptoms and listen carefully to what you think is happening to your spine. At the heart of every person’s story are clues to what is causing the problem.
Next a thorough examination is performed where our doctors investigate the problem and start to learn what is causing all the symptoms. Findings from both the history and exam often require imaging tests to really see what is happening to the spine. A precise set of Xrays can contain the key information to both identify the cause of the problem as well as provide our doctors with the information needed to begin corrective care.
By consulting with specialists at Sonic Chiro, a comprehensive treatment program can be developed which will address the underlying cause of your neck pain. Here are some possible treatment programs when neck pain as indicated:
- Specific chiropractic adjustments – Traditional adjustments are often used as well as gentler adjustments using mechanical instruments and “drop table” methods
- Spine and posture rehabilitation – At Sonic Chiro we have a variety of methods to strengthen your posture and spine for longer-lasting results
- Massage Therapy – We offer massage therapy to loosen up those tight muscles… and we offer massage 7 days a week!
If you’ve been experiencing neck pain, and you want to have it resolved, contact us at Sonic Chiro, where skilled and knowledgeable professionals are waiting to help you. When you call, we can arrange for an initial consultation to see if corrective chiropractic may be right for you.